Quantcast
Skip to content
Search

Loratadine not working on allergy. Anything else?

1. Forums
  2. 2+ year olds
  3. Loratadine not working on allergy. Anything else?
  1. 6/7/09 02:48

Login to reply

High FiveHarryReece 06

SORRY FOR THE REPEATS, THIS COMPUTER IS REALLY SLOW.

2. 6/7/09 02:47

Login to reply

CongratulationsHarryReece 06

HAVE YOU TRIED CHLORAPHENAMINE (PIRITON, )I USE THIS IN WORK AND WORK WITH CHILDREN SO IT IS SUTIBLE FOR HIM IT IS A ANTI HISTHAMINE.

3. 6/7/09 02:45

Login to reply

CongratulationsHarryReece 06

HAVE U TRIED CHLORAPHENAMINE (PIRITON) THIS IS A VERY EFFECTIVE ANTI HISTAMINE WHICH I USE IN MY PLACE OF WORK ,I WORK WITH CHILDREN SO IT IS SUTIBLE FOR HIS AGE.

4. 5/7/09 22:07

Login to reply

jobristow

Not sure if it's the same for children but loratadine does not work for me either, I have to use desloratadine. My gp tried to fob me off with the former and apparently they do not prescribe the latter anymore as it is too costly for the NHS. I was told that it was the same by them but the guy at the chemist said they ARE different, which is why loratadine does not work for me. May be worth asking your gp to change his meds. Sorry for the rambling! HTH.

5. 5/7/09 21:46

Login to reply

PrincessBuffy

loratadine is a fairly typical anti-histamine,

if it is of any consolation - fur hoover aside - a house with cats in will be steeped with that scent /allergy- hoovering will do very little.

If DS survives one-off contact with cats in a neutral atmostophere then loratdadine is ok - but going to friends houses will be an intensive dosage - I grew up in a house of cats!

6. 5/7/09 21:32

Login to reply

Minsky

My son seems to be allergic to cats. There are two friends I have that have cats and i have taken to giving my son Loratadine syrup before we get to their houses to stop him from having streaming and swollen eyes that itch him like mad. However I am not sure that it is enough as I have just come back from a friends house today and i gave him some medicine in the morning some just after we got there and he still left with eyes like a boxer, streaming and rubbing them like mad. I think it might be my friends particular settee. She assurred me that she hoovered it maticulasly this time. But he was rolling around on it and I think that the medicine is not enough. Is there any thing else anyone knows about? please

Search
Bookmark and Share

Forum Selector
Advertisment
product guide

Quick navigation

Please select a forum topic from the list below:

Information and rules

Planning your pregnancy

Baby on board

Dad Zone

New arrivals to toddler years