Search

Can you have lemsip ?

1. Forums
  2. Breastfeeding
  3. Can you have lemsip ?
  1. 8/4/09 21:27

Login to reply

lauralou1

I would take it. I had lemsip when i was feeding 3 hourly. I got that fed up with my cold i needed something. I thnk 19 hours is a long time for it to get out of your system anyway. I am feeding 2 or 3 times a day now, my dd is 7.5m, and i took antihistimane tablets the other day. Its not recommended either but i think at this stage it shouldn't be too bad.

2. 8/4/09 09:45

Login to reply

Thumper1982

The Lemsip website says 'not advisable while breastfeeding' However, I can't find anything in the Children's BNF that says you shouldn't take it while breastfeeding and if it's going to be so long then it will be easily out of your system.

3. 8/4/09 08:15

Login to reply

lin81

personally I would say youd be fine as all traces would be out of your system in that amount of time but would check with pharmacy first , you can have paracetamol hope your feeling a bit better soon xx

4. 8/4/09 07:45

Login to reply

SharonLouiseFish

I have been bfing now for 7 months and have just started doing it only at night now as I am gradually stopping but have developed a cold this week and wondered if I can take Lemsip ? 

It says on the box that its not advisable in preganancy which I knew but nothing about breast feeding ? If I took it now it would be 19 hrs before I needed to feed him again ? 

Any thoughts would be appreciated 

Thanks   

Search
Bookmark and Share

Forum Selector
Advertisment
product guide

Quick navigation

Please select a forum topic from the list below:

Information and rules

Planning your pregnancy

Baby on board